(CFC Rated - CYCC 2023 Qualifier)
May 15 and 16 2023, BURNABY, BC, CANADA
Event Timing: May 15 and 16 , 2023 (4 rounds)
Round 1: Monday May 15 at 4pm G/25+5
Round 2: Monday May 15 at 5.30 pm G/25+5
Round 3: Tuesday May 16 at 4pm G/25+5
Round 4: Tuesday May 16 at 5.30 pm G/25+5
Have not qualified for CYCC 2023: Open U8, U10, U12, U14, U16, U18. Girls U8, U10, U12, U14, U16, U18.
Already qualified for CYCC 2023: All-Age Section
Time control: G25+5
Pairings: Swiss System
Event Address: Unit 301, 7818 6th Street, Burnaby.
Deadline for registration: May 12 or meeting max capacity.
Prizes: Top 3 medals by sections. This tournament is also a qualifier for CYCC 2023. All sections score 50% or more to qualify in the same section in BCYCC; or top 3 players in your age group/section.
Entry Fee: $45
Misc: CFC membership required. Annual $38/$25 adult/junior purchased from CFC. Instead of annual CFC memberships, players may purchase a tournament membership for $16/$8 adult/junior (good for 1 event only) added to registration. All equipment will be provided.
Tournament director: Penny Pham
Organizer: Greater Vancouver Chess Society and Penny Chess Club
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment: E-transfer to
THE TOURNAMENT RULES AND POLICES
I. Anti-cheating rules
We will follow anti-cheating rules guidelines by FIDE. You can see the details via the link below.
You are allowed to bring snacks. For example: fruits, chocolate or your drink.
III. CFC membership
You are required to have a valid CFC ID for this tournament. Check the link below to register if you have not got one.
IV. Refusal Entry
We reserve the right to refuse your entry.
Generally, we do not offer any refund. Any requests will be assessed case by case.
- If you request bye(s), please confirm with us prior to the deadline of registration.
- If your bye is allocated by the computer pairings (ie. not your request), you will have 1 point.
- If your bye is requested by you, you will have 0.5 points for that game
- You can only request to bye 1 round.
- You cannot request to bye round 4.
- Tournament Director (TD) reserves the right to refuse your bye requests
VII. 15 minutes tolerance
After 15 minutes since the start of any round, absent players will be considered to forfeit that game and get 0 point.
VIII. TIE-BREAK RULES
Tie-break 1: Direct encounter (The results of the players in the same point group)
Tie-break 2: Greater number of victories
Tie-break 3: Buchholz
Tie-break 4: Armageddon games.
IX. ELECTRIC DEVICES RULES
1. All electric devices are not permitted to use while players are playing except for special needs with TD’s approval.
2. Electric devices that can communicate or operate software should be kept in a bag or a case. They must be turned off completely. They must remain at the playing table if the game is in progress.
3. Spectators are asked to keep the phone in silent mode.
4. Violators can be asked to leave the room. Serious cases might lead to an anti-cheating investigation.
We follow FIDE rules of chess. If there is any argument between players, or player and arbiter, the TD will make the final decision based on FIDE guidelines.